Not all of these parts fit every 1217A folder since there are several different versions for the 1217A.
1217A WRA003116 RETARDER ADJUSTMENT (Sheet Separator)
If there is a flat spot on top of the retarder, loosen the screw in the center of the retarder (red roller) and rotate to a new surface.
The retarder roller should be round on top where it contacts the feed wheel.
Now tighten the retarder mounting screw so the retarder will NOT spin.
The retarder should just touch the feed wheel.
To adjust the retarder pressure, use the spring loaded nut under the feed table.
If the retarder is too loose, it will feed more than one sheet at a time. If it is too tight, it will not feed at all.
1217A W-A1217115 CLUTCH GEAR CHANGE OR LUBRICATION
Remove the side cover of the machine without the switch on it.
The clutch gear is the top gear.
Remove the E clip with a flat tip screwdriver. Pry in the slot to move the E clip out of the groove.
This is spring steel so it may pop off. You can cover it with a rag to catch it when it pops off.
Remove the E clip and washer and set aside to reuse.
The clutch gear will now slip off.
Lubricate the clutch inside the gear with a light machine oil such as 3 in 1 or TriFlow.
Reinstall gear, washer and then the E clip.
The E clip can be popped back in place by pushing it into the grove with a wide tip flat tip screwdriver.
M-O003548 FEED WHEEL INSTALL
Tools required: Phillips screwdriver, 3/32″ Allen wrench and external retaining ring pliers.
1. Slide the retaining ring on the inside frame of the non-operator’s side of the machine down 2″.
2. Slide feed shaft assembly towards the side of the machine without the crank handle. At this point the operator’s side should allow the shaft to come out of the white Nyliner bushing.
3. Remove the retaining ring from the operator’s side of the feed shaft. Remove the gray guide roller from the feed shaft.
4. Pull the feed tire off of the hub. Replace new tire onto hub. When putting the new tire on the hub you don’t need to be concerned that the tire is straight.
5. Reinstall the guide roller onto the shaft. Reinstall the retaining ring onto the shaft. Reinsert the shaft into the operator’s side. Slide retaining ring on non-operator’s side of shaft back into place.
6. When you first install the tire you may notice it spinning with a wobble. In this case take the end of a slick, plastic screwdriver handle and press up against the side of the tire while the machine is running. This will allow you to straighten it.
7. After tire is replaced, loosen the flat head screw that holds the small red wheel on the feed table in place and rotate to a new side. Firmly tighten back down.